\ Creative expertise \
Highly creative and multi-talented Senior Designer within the FMCG, corporate and gaming sectors in both B2B and B2C markets with extensive experience in various touchpoints across print, digital and video.
A strong platform of technical knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud applications and HTML/CSS know-how.
Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills; a team player with very good written and verbal communication abilities. Passionate and creative designer of campaigns, accustomed to operating
to extremely tight deadlines and deft at working on multiple projects in an agile environment,
with an emphasis on experential design
\ EXPERIENCE \
THE HEALTH LOTTERY
MAY 2013 - PRESENT
Successfully manage and co-ordinate all Health Lottery ATL
print and digital projects from
initial ideas through completion,
on brand and on time.
Being a dependandable and proactive team member, I maintain and aim to improve the visual aesthetics of the brand under the instructions from the stakeholders vision for the brand.
I hold a key and visible position within the business, working closely with the Digital Product Manager, Marketing Manager, THL Operations, Retail Sales Manager and Director
My output currently consists of 60% digital and 40% print from favicons to 96 sheets and everything in between.
"Took ownership of UI project for THL website, resulting in an
external resource saving of around £5,000”
- Responsible for the look and feel of the brand's presence on and offline with compelling call to actions
- Design quality print advertising across various daily newspapers with a combined circulation of
2,000,000 people per day
- Manage and mentor junior designer
- Help grow our existing 1.3m online subscribers with engaging video and motion graphics, tailoring the creative for prospective and re-targeted customers through digital display ads and social
- Work quickly and efficiently without compromise to meet daily deadlines
- Take ownership of all design work for the umbrella company Northern and Shell, including personal work for the Stakeholders and Chairman
- Create ad hoc landing pages and social posts to support marketing content campaigns
- Regularly undertake competitor audits and take time out to study new skills and techniques
- Optimised web graphics to speed up page loading times, using svg and HTML 5 animated banners
- Took ownership of UI project for the new website including wireframing the user journey, resulting in an external resource saving of around £5,000
- Positive early feedback from the UI designs shows an increase in sessions per user, page views and registrations
- Undertake a 3 month review of UI/UX journey with the Product Manager
- Established trusting relationships with freelance designers, colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers
- Delivered informative interactive artwork for an exclusive event with 400+ guests including Simon Cowell.
I set up the artwork onsite and voluntarily worked the event
- Shown my ability to challenge proposed deadlines, helping to streamline the studio output
- Identified the need to strengthen the usability, simplicity and accessibility
of our website and regularly suggest new ideas such as 'refer a friend'
Helped increase ticket sales by
11% during an eye catching retail promotion with Merlin Entertainments. Digtial variants boosted the campaign and all designs had a stringent sign off process from the UK and US Merlin marketing teams
- Received direct briefs to design
and deliver national newspaper advertorials, cover wraps and burst throughs with very quick turnarounds
- Participated in regular brainstorming sessions and collaborated with designers and Head of Creative, across a number of projects.
- Designed visually appealing HPTOs, page skins and web banners
- Supported more junior members within the team
Mocked up physical designs to
obtain customer buy-in
POS for OK! magazine including
a pillow box subscription pack, posters and polybag covers for
sale in WH Smith stores
- Regularly provided creative solutions to challenging briefs designing across
multiple publications including Daily Express, Daily Star and OK! magazine
- Received recognition from the Managing Director and the OK!
sales team for my creative Christmas advert which was published in Campaign magazine
- Chosen on merit to brand and produce a vector based packaging mock up for an e-cigarette along with print and OOH advertising visuals
- Produced very successful creative resulting in repeat business from the following brands; Fox's, Warner TV,
Big Brother, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, P&G and Debenhams
- Advanced retouching and compositing to create pixel perfect and photo realistic imagery
- Conceptualised and executed with quality and performance in all areas including logo design, layouts and image searching
- Created clear and concise corporate brand guidelines and tone of voice document, becoming the brand's guardian
- Added value by introducing InDesign to the studio and trained the team
- Gained extremely solid brand design skills working alongside Creative Directors
NORTHERN & SHELL MEDIA GROUP
APRIL 2010 - MAY 2013
With the company boasting a large portfolio of both newspapers and magazines, I was designing across both advertising platforms using their various house styles, adding my
creative flair in order to win pitches
for new business, both long and
short term deals.
I quickly became a key player within
the Creative Studio, and worked seamlessly with the Business Development Team.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER | DOUBLELIX CREATIVE AGENCY | LONDON | AUGUST 2006 - MARCH 2010
prior experience \
DESIGNER | MANDURAH GRAPHICS | AUSTRALIA | OCTOBER 2005 - NOVEMBER 2005GRAPHIC DESIGNER | CREATIVE WORKHOUSE | ESSEX | JUNE 2004 - JULY 2005
GRAPHIC DESIGNER | PUBLISHING NEWS | LONDON | JULY 2002 - MAY 2004ARTWORKER | PRIORI MEDIA | LONDON | FEBRUARY 2000 - JUNE 2002
grays • essex • RM17 6TF
BTEC ND Graphic Design
grays • essex • RM17 6TF
A Level Art & Design
GRAYS • ESSEX • RM17 5LL
GCSE Grades A - C
Art & Design  |  Graphics  |  Maths  |  English
Literature  |  English Language
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designers
Zero to Hero Certificate in Cinema 4D
BTEC ND LEVEL 1 Photography
Being a premium member of lynda.com helps enhance my design skills and capabilities.
Subscribing to Computer Arts and Creative Bloq keeps me updated on the latest design news and trends.
Regular exercise clears my mind and energises me for the week, with the help of a few strongish coffees! I keep a regular blog of design news, ideas and the odd review,
take a read here.